Monday, January 3, 2011

Why I Am Here

I design landscapes. I also move huge amounts of stone and plants to make those designs real. Over time, this Blog will provide a window into what vocabulary I use during those inner conversations between myself, the garden site, the materials, and the people who will walk through the landscape when it is complete.
I believe that those conversations occur most vividly when I am conscious of the various elements in play, how what I do affects the emotional content of the landscape. In some ways this can be analyzed if I know the voice that each element contributes to the overall composition of the landscape. However, because of the multiple elements that make up a whole and harmonious landscape, I need to be multilingual with my sensory vocabulary. The inner conversation that inspires the composition of a great landscape will run from the mundane to the abstract.
I look forward to extending that conversation to you.
Thanks for checking in,
David Neufeld
North Star Stoneworks and Design

No comments:

Post a Comment